Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Be nice to me...

Today was one of our regularly scheduled Community Blood Drives. Now, I didn't actually try to give blood today, since I was sick on Monday, but I still did my part. Besides donating when I can, I also volunteer at these drives by serving refreshments to the donors. Today I even registered with the National Marrow Donor Program. It was simple...I filled out a form which included contact information and a health questionnaire, then I swabbed the inside of my mouth in 4 places and placed the swabs in a special folder to be mailed off for typing. I encourage everyone who is eligible and has not already registered to consider this program.

2 comments:

Not Hannah said...

Good for you, chickadee. Every little bit of love and care helps.

Aleta said...

I was told that I can't give blood because I have a thyroid problem.
:( But I never thought about doing volunteer work for the blood drive. I'll have to remember that in the future! :)