Sunday, October 18, 2009

Poodles at Play

Long, fun-filled day today. Up at 5:45 to make a 3 hour drive Tilden Regional Park, picking up my BFF Debbie along the way. We met up with fellow members of a group I belong to called "Poodles at Play." The group holds monthly off-leash hikes at various parks within the East Bay Regional Park District. Since I live so far away I don't make it to very many of the hikes, but today I made a special effort because Tilden is one of my favorite parks...Debbie and I had some good times there in our teenage years. We hiked for about 2 hours. Here's a group shot with 13 of the 16 dogs...I didn't count the people.

Here's Roger and his friend Louis Vuitton. Roger and Louis met for the first time last month in Truckee and really hit it off. I think they remember each other.
This is 4 month old Nani. It was her first outing with Poodles at Play. She's a good girl and absolutely adorable.
After the hike, most of the group rode the miniature steam train at the park.


Then several of us went for lunch at Pizza Antica in Lafayette. They have outside seating so the poodles could join us. Food was delicious...I should have taken a picture!

Next, Debbie took me to Orchard Nursery, also in Lafayette. What a great place! Its all done up for fall/Halloween and they even had live music. I got some Dutch iris bulbs, some daffodil bulbs, a couple of six-packs of pansies for my daughter, and a green pumpkin. Debbie got some broccoli plants, some winter vegetable seeds, and some tulip bulbs.
Then, sadly, I dropped Debbie off and Roger and I were on our way. We made it home by 7:30.

1 comment:

Aleta said...

These are some adorable pictures! Looks like you had a lot of fun. How cool that there is a group for dog owners. And those poodles - sweet looking!!!