Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pint Sized Cakes

Below is an email I got from a friend. She got it from her cousin. I haven't tried these yet, but I wanted to share the idea anyway. (If I waited until after I tried it, NaBloWriMo would be over!) Maybe someone has already tried this...if so, what did you think?

"I make 'pint-size cakes' in canning jars! (Be sure they are straight-sided. Quart size will not work!) You simply take your favorite snack cake recipe such as date-nut, banana, or applesauce; put 1 cup of batter (no more or it will overflow) in a canning jar and bake it. In the meantime boil the lids and rings. Take the cake out of the oven and place the lid and screw ring on top. Let the cake cool. When the lid seals it will cave in. Voila! Your cake is canned and ready to put on the shelf until you are ready to eat it. This serves 2-4 depending on how thickly you slice it. I really like these cakes because they taste fresh and never taste of freezer burn."

No comments: