Thursday, October 8, 2009

Its true!

Every good thing every grandparent has ever said about being a grandparent is true. As for the claim that one just cannot know how truly special grandchildren are until they have their own, I can confirm that, too.

Being Grandma to this sweet, adorable little girl for the past 17 months has been nothing short of amazing. Months ago, when I first saw her pick up a single Cheerio between thumb and forefinger and put it in her mouth with perfect accuracy, I thought she had the eye-hand coordination of the most skilled neurosurgeon. Just yesterday she delighted me when she picked up leaf after acorn after twig and put them into a bucket, running to and fro, laughing when she got going a little too fast and took a little tumble.

I am very fortunate that she lives close by and that we are forming a special relationship. I can't wait until she's old enough to take camping and kayaking!

3 comments:

Aleta said...

She's a doll! There's so much love in this post, it brought tears to my eyes.

Kitt said...

How sweet! I'd say she's very lucky to have you nearby, too.

Martha said...

Aleta - What a lovley compliment!
Kitt - Thanks!