Sunday, October 11, 2009

Christmas in October?

Up until about 2 years ago, when I (semi) retired, I remembered almost all of my dreams in great detail, these days not so much. I'm not sure if I actually dream less now or if I just don't have as much recall, but I kind of miss them. The dreams that I do remember still have a lot of detail, and I like that, but sometimes I can only recall fragments, and then only after something jogs my memory. This morning, after I had been up for a couple of hours, I remembered a snippet of a dream I had the night before...there was a huge, fully decorated Christmas tree in my living room that had obviously been there for some time, but it was if I had never really noticed it before. When it dawned on me that it was late January I was mortified! I wonder what that means.

2 comments:

Aleta said...

See, I love to figure out dreams. It's a hobby, but it's hard to do it for other people. Best I can offer is to ask questions. Christmas in dreams can be a symbol of special gatherings or a present you just received. Did you buy something recently? Is Christmas planning on the mind a lot? Do you feel that it's a bit overwhelming with th eshopping? Do you have lots of quality lesireu time right now? Do you find it difficult to relax during the holidays?

Martha said...

Aleta,
Thanks for your input. I took a Pshychology of Sleep and Dreams class years ago. The instructor subscribed to the belief that the same thing didn't have the same meaning for each individual. Besides being mortified by sight the long neglected tree I also felt overwhelmed by the prospect of taking it down. These are the same feelings I have when I look at my spare room that has been needing attention for far too long! Guess I should get busy if I want that room squared away before Christmas!