Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Scenes

Today my daughter and I went to a local festival. We had discussed going to lunch afterward, but we really got a late start, and by the time we'd seen all there was to see we decided it was too late for lunch and too early for dinner. What to do? I talked her into going for a little Sunday drive in search of photo opportunities.

First we came upon a gang of wild turkeys in an olive orchard. (Gang really is an accepted term for a group of turkeys, as is rafter. I found that out here). They proved to be camera shy, so this is the best photo I could manage before the fled completely out of range.



Across the road from the turkeys I spied these wild grapes.



A little farther on we ran into these cattle grazing in the yard of what once was probably a quite comfortable farm house.



From here we checked out a couple of side roads before heading back. We saw a few more turkeys who crossed the road in front of us and disappeared into a thicket, but nothing else really photo worthy. Our happy little jaunt took us right to dinnertime.

No comments: