Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Lost Day

I'm bummed that I already missed a day! I didn't even turn on the computer at all yesterday. I'm making no excuses, but for what its worth, here is a recap of my Monday...

6:30 am - The alarm goes off, UGH! My whole body is sore! I try to be optimistic and chalk it up to the way I slept. I stretch out and hit the snooze button.

6:40 am - Still sore. I had made plans to meet a friend at 8 am and go with her to her riding lesson...I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it. Too early to call, I doze until...

7:26 am - I manage to get out of bed to call my friend to give my regrets. I don't get sick very often, but I'm afraid this time I have to admit I've got a bug. Back to bed and back to sleep.

9:45 am - I get out of bed, feed the dog, migrate to the recliner, eat a cracker, sip some water and fall asleep.

12:00 pm - The noon news is on and I manage to watch it until the end. Its a good thing Roger is a patient dog, because it is around this time that I realize I haven't taken him outside yet. With great effort this is accomplished. My usual practice of mind over matter is just not working!

1:30 pm - After more dozing in the recliner I migrate to the couch. Roger is right there with some comforting snuggles. He sure makes me smile! I sleep some more.

4:15 pm - I take my temperature. It is 99.8 (my normal is usually below normal). I doze off and on some more.

6:00 pm - I feed Roger his dinner and take him outside without making him wait this time. Back to the recliner, sip some more water, think about NaBloWriMo, but take no action. I mindlessly watch TV in between dozing, without recall of what was on.

9:45 pm - I manage a bowl of Rice Chex and some more water. I think briefly again about NaBloWriMo, but it just takes more energy than I can muster.

10:00 pm - Off to bed after brushing my teeth and taking a couple of Ibuprofen. Of significant note here...I made a conscious decision not to floss. Normally I have a very hard time not flossing. It wasn't always this way, but I can count on one hand the nights I've gone without flossing in the past 18 months.

Thankfully, I slept peacefully through the night, dreaming of kayaking on Lake Tahoe, and awoke feeling 99% better.

Hopefully, this will be the last time anyone will have to read such a pitiful post from me.

No comments: