Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oldies but Goodies

I made a batch of Snickerdoodles this evening using the only recipe I've ever used, the one in my old standby Betty Crocker cookbook. You know the one...orange, loose leaf binder style. I do like to try new recipes, and some of those "new" ones have now become old favorites, but I have never tried a different Snickerdoodle recipe. In fact, I don't even know if there is another one!

My cookie sheets are old, too. They have to be at least 30 years old, if not older, and they were probably the cheapest ones I could get at the time. I've tried to replace them a few times with some really nice ones, but I was never satisfied with the results. I no longer look for new cookie sheets. My old ones will probably last forever. Who knows, they may even be viewed as family heirlooms!

I guess the moral here is "If its not broken, don't fix it."

1 comment:

Not Hannah said...

I recently gave up trying to find a new-fangled sugar cookie recipe and reverted to the one I have loved since childhood. It's still awesome.

Sometimes we don't need new-fangled.