Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lucky Dog!

I got Roger a new toy today...a stuffed duck that makes a quacking sound. It was on sale for $2.99 and I couldn't resist it. As expected, Roger was delighted with the duck and I think he was a little surprised by the sound.

Roger loves his toys and the squeaky ones are his favorites. He doesn't destroy them right off, but he does love them enough that they don't last forever. The rabbit he got for Easter finally had to be replaced with with a squeaky tiger just last month. Although Tiger has already gone mute and is going deaf (his ears have been almost chewed off), Roger still plays with him and I expect him to last a couple more months, at least.

Dogs are so easy to please. They don't ask for much...regular meals, fresh air and exercise, a warm place to sleep, and above all, companionship. Toys are the icing on the cake. Roger is a lucky dog to have have it all! I'm pretty darn lucky myself to have Roger!

No comments: