Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Back to Blogging

So much for daily posting. First its a missed day, then a missed week. Unfortunately, NaBloWriMo had to take a back seat to the events of the past week.

Sadly, my brother-in-law passed away last Thursday. Although his death was not entirely unexpected, it was rather sudden. He had been living with multiple myeloma for 11 years...lots of chemo, good days and bad days, declining mobility...it had become an accepted way of life. Then on Monday he was diagnosed with leukemia and hospice was called in. He was at home when he passed, his family was with him, and now he is in a better place.

I've also discovered ancestry.com and have been spending hours researching my family tree as well as my husband's. One thing leads to another, then another, and another, and its all fascinating. The discoveries I've made will be good future blog material!

2 comments:

Aleta said...

Sending prayers and hugs to you and your family for your loss.. I'm so sorry..

Martha said...

Thank you, Aleta. Hugs and prayers are always appreciated.