Sunday, September 28, 2008

more doggy doin's!

Just a quickie post with some photos taken today with my "new" (thanks Jenny!) camera phone. We were checking out the 1st Annual Bark'n in the Park which was held at the new Community Park. I would venture to say that a good time was had by all. There was one booth that had several balls in a tub of water and the object was the same as bobbing for apples. Some of the balls were marked to indicate which prize would be awarded. I handed over my $2 coupon so Roger could have a go at it. As much as Roger likes balls, and water for that matter, he just wasn't interested (or didn't have a clue) and I was completely surprised. He did, however. make a splash when we stopped to talk to Peggy and Bev at the vaccination table. When Roger is especially thirsty he sticks his whole nose, up to his eyes, into the water. When he is especially frisky he puts his paws, as many as will fit, into the water. Well, he was feeling frisky, so he put both front paws into the water bowl that was right at Peggy's feet and started digging, not just once, but several times! Its a good thing Peggy understands dog behavior and is used to that sort of thing. It would have been a cute video if I would have thought about it.
Notable dogs we saw at the event included an Old English Sheepdog named Toby, Roger's classmate Fargo, Bev's dog Tootsie, at least one basset hound, a beagle, a mastiff, 2 springer spaniels and 2 Irish wolfhounds.

News Flash! This event was just on the 11 o'clock news and it was reported that there were over 100 dogs in attendance and over $2,000 was raised for the Animal Shelter and the Humane Society!


The scarf was included in the goody bag that we received for our $10 donation. I wish I would have positioned it so the logo was more visible.

I think this is a good one of Dawn, despite the shadow from her glasses. Part of the backside of Roger's head was cropped out because something way more interesting caught his attention just as I clicked the shutter.

After numerous attempts we were able to get the next 4 shots. It seems there's a timing thing that must be mastered in order to capture both dog and human looking toward the camera at the same time.

Beth said I should have the last one framed. I guess it is pretty cute, so I went ahead and printed it out.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm so glad you posted it!!!!! It is such a great photo. Really, ALL of them are. What a fun day too! I wish Dudley and I could have joined you!